Help | Staff Login
2019 Regular Session
Overview
At the request of:
Chief Sponsors:
Regular Sponsors:
Bill Title: Relating to employees at public institutions of higher education; declaring an emergency.
Catchline/Summary: Provides that part-time faculty member at public institution of higher education who qualifies for health care benefits will pay 10 percent of insurance premiums for employee coverage and 50 percent of increase in premium cost for employee and dependent coverage.
Provides that part-time faculty member at public institution of higher education who qualifies for health care benefits will pay 10 percent of insurance premiums , with remaining 90 percent paid by state] for employee coverage and 50 percent of increase in premium cost for employee and dependent coverage. Requires state to pay for remaining costs of insurance premiums out of moneys appropriated to Oregon Educators Benefit Board. Permits institution to agree through collective bargaining to pay portion of employee's premium share. Provides that employees who are eligible to receive health care benefits in manner specified may receive health care benefits from institution only in manner specified. Provides that any savings realized by institution are subject to collective bargaining. Directs board to determine prior to open enrollment period whether it has received sufficient funds to cover required premium payments. Provides that if board has not received sufficient funds, board may require employee share to increase and that institution is not responsible for paying insurance premiums. Requires legacy health benefit coverage to be maintained for part-time faculty at institutions who are not eligible for health care benefits under provisions. Establishes Part-Time Faculty Insurance Fund and continuously appropriates moneys in fund to board. Declares emergency, effective on passage.
Chapter Number:
Fiscal Impact: Fiscal Impact Issued
Revenue Impact: No Revenue Impact
Measure Analysis: Staff Measure Summary / Impact Statements
Current Location: In Senate Committee
Current Committee: Joint Committee On Ways and Means
Current Subcommittee:
Subsequent Referral(s):
Potential Conflicts of Interest/Vote Explanations: Potential Conflicts of Interest/Vote Explanation Documents
Measure History
Scheduled Events